UNIQUE NEEDS REQUIRE SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
We have found that in the underserved special needs community, individuals with disabilities and their care teams are hungry for financial advice. We love to listen to your stories and decode money at the same time.
We come to organizations, conferences, and events to give presentations and have conversations about important money-related issues that are of very significant concern to those involved with special needs. These topics include but are not limited to modern money skills, government benefits, retirement planning, estate planning, and education planning. We are always open to new ideas for things to talk about.
There is a basic financial literacy gap across America, even more pronounced in special needs community. We can assist with:
- Benefits education
- Shopping wisel
- Understanding credit and loans
- Insurance planning for protection
- Savings and investments
- Navigating the IEP (Individualized Education Program)
- Transition help
- Evaluating progress
- Obtaining public benefits
- 529s vs. ABLEs
- Identifying desired outcomes
- Considering strengths and challenges of the individual
- Obtaining needed services
- Utilizing education outside of school hours
- Readiness to drive
- Breaking skills into steps
- Reporting ASD to the DMV
- Insurance considerations
We can help individuals and their families learn more about:
- The importance of staying social
- Self-discipline and behavioral limits
- Finding individual skillsets and turning them into serviceable actions or employment
- Importance of mentors
- How to handle new experiences
We can discuss topics, such as:
- Living independently or assisted
- How to judge the capacity of a living facility
- Qualifying for benefits
- HUD programs
- Private pay options
Planning Across the Spectrum specializes in:
- Special needs trusts & ABLE Accounts
- Planning for incapacity: a continuum
- Powers of attorney & advance healthcare directives
- Substituted decision making
- Estate planning overview
- Planning with public benefits
- Working with a disability and maintaining benefits
We are based in Farmington, Connecticut.
However, we are always happy to travel to you.
Please contact our event facilitator, Andrew Arboe, at email@example.com to schedule us for your next event!
Investment advice offered through Private Advisor Group, a registered investment advisor. Private Advisor Group and Planning Across the Spectrum are separate entities from LPL Financial
The LPL Financial representative associated with this website may discuss and/or transact securities business only with residents of the following states: CA, CT, FL, MA, NY, PA, SC, VA, VT
PlanningAcrossTheSpectrum.com 2019 © All Rights Reserved.